Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pics Or Didn't Happen

I <3 my publisher.

Look what early Christmas present I got!!!

Sirius is unimpressed.

YES!!!! The hardback copies of ACROSS THE UNIVERSE!!!!!

It is GORGEOUS, if I do say so myself! But maybe I'm biased.

Now, some of you may not be aware of the awesome that is my dust jacket. ACROSS THE UNIVERSE is told in two points of view--one is Amy, a girl from Earth who is cryogenically frozen with her parents for the journey to a new planet. The other point of view is Elder's, a boy who was born on the ship as part of the crew and is destined to be the next leader.

There are two points of view--one of a boy, one of a girl--and Razorbill decided to match that with...TWO different jackets!!!

I call this Amy's jacket--shiny and pink and purple.

This is Elder's jacket--blue and space-shippy and scientific.

YES. YES. Razorbill made TWO entirely different, entirely unique dust jackets for ACROSS THE UNIVERSE!!!!!!! The books are shipping with Amy's jacket on the front, but if you take it off and flip is around, it's then Elder's jacket!!

*dies of happiness*

I don't know which one I like best. I keep switching the jacket around and around and around.

Don't we look cute together?

Oh, but we look cute together, too...
So, guys, if you go out and get the hardcover (American) release, then you will get TWO, yes TWO different looks you can show off your book with! It is SO. MUCH. FUN. to dress your copy in different colors!!

Now, I knew about the different jackets (although omg, so much better in person!). What I didn't know about?


When I went to take Amy's jacket off and flip it over to Elder's side, LOOK WHAT I FOUND:

I dropped the book when I saw. I was so shocked.

Lemme show you a closer up shot:

Click to embiggen. CLICKY. It's cooler when you see the detail.

In case you don't recognize the symbol, it's the logo for the ship Godspeed, the spaceship Amy and Elder are on, the schematics of which are featured on the cover.


*faints of joy*

^^^Seriously. My heart stopped beating when I saw it, and I had to take several deep breaths, and then I almost fell over.

The logo is so perfect for Godspeed. I adore it. You might have noticed it here and there--on the official website for the book, in place of the regular Razorbill logo on the spine, and whenever you see Godspeed's map:

Usually, this is a razorbill bird.

From Elder's jacket.

I adore that logo. And I ADORE that it's embossed on the cover.

People have been asking me, when did it feel real? When did I feel like a published author?

When I saw that logo on the hard cover.

That's when.

Post a Comment