I get by with a little help from my friends...
- Thank you, Robyn, for helping me develop the story as I wrote it. I know I had an easier time of revisions because I wrote the first draft with your comments and critiques to guide me.
- Thank you, Tricia, for being one of the very first people to read this blog, and for always, without fail, saying the things that gave me confidence as well as pushed me to be better.
- Thank you, Heather, for offering to be my crit buddy, giving me the chance to read your work, and for giving me meticulous, spot-on critiques that made me want to bang my head into the wall because you were always right (and I mean that in a good way).
- Thank you, Christy, for being willing to drop everything to help a friend, for reading my work even though I was always slower with yours and I always seemed to dump it on you at the most inconvenient times!
- Thank you, Chris, for helping me to cut my excessive words and focus on the story. I cannot see the forest for the trees without you!
- Thank you, Erin, for never letting me think negatively, and for being brutally honest. I enjoy being a masochist in your presence.
- Thank you, Elana, for letting me spill my crazy on you all last week!
- Thank you, Mom and Poppa, even though you probably won't read this because you think blogs are weird and have no idea why I would ever write anything personal on the web we didn't raise you like that you be careful now are you still eating all your vegetables it wouldn't kill you to wash those dishes with hotter water i don't think that car is safe you better go pump some more air in those tires and put on a sweater it's cold, oh, and we love you. I love you, too.
- Thank you, husband, for buying me flowers when the writing goes bad, and buying me more when I sign with an agent.
- ...and thank you, dear blog readers, for making me smile every time I see your comments. A writer just wants her words read, after all.
So, who would you like to thank for all the support? Go show 'em you care--either here, or on your own blog! Bet you make someone smile.