Monday, December 14, 2009

A (not so) Modest Announcment

A few weeks ago, I was talking to a writing buddy. The topic of agents came up. She asked if I had any interested agents yet (she knew I was querying), and I mentioned that a few agents were reading.

"You have to let me know if anything happens," she said.

"If I get an offer, you'll hear me screaming from here," I said.

Well, apparently I don't scream loud enough.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA (deep breath)

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HAVE AN AGENT!!!!!!!!!!!

I am pleased (thrilled, amazed, overjoyed) to announce that I am being represented by none other than Merrilee Heifetz of Writers House.


Yes: WRITERS HOUSE!

MERRILEE HEIFETZ!!!!

HOLY FREAKING COW!!!

<---That's the agency that has MY work!!! MINE! (And it's flipping awesome, too. Have you read about the history of the house?)

*happy sigh of total joy*

Those of you who know me, know I've been trying for awhile to snag an agent. This past week has been one of total AWESOME as I not only got my dream agent, but found out that my dream agent actually likes these little stories I keep writing.



This was, as you can tell, a momentous day. I came prepared.


This is my grandmother's table that I inherited after she died.
I think she'd think it was cool that I signed my agent contract on it.

So, I set the table. First, my black portfolio that I keep my writing stuff in (including my lucky Chinese fortune cookie fortunes). My phone--which has been called from NEW YORK. The flowers my husband bought me cause he's cool like that. Oh, and see that box of pens?




Yeah. I totally bought some pens just for the contract signing.

And then...

OH MY PRECIOUS GOD I AM SIGNING AN AGENT CONTRACT.

Hey, did you see that blue striped box on the table? Yeah, the husband bought me a present. Cause he's totally cool like that.




A new keyboard and mouse so I can write my next agented works in style.
I told you he was cool like that.


 ...and that's it. I have an agent. OH MY GOD I HAVE AN AGENT OH MY DEAR LORD THIS IS FLIPPING MADE OF WIN.


Stay tuned! I express my squee-inducing joy in the form of contests, and will be holding a pretty awesome one starting tomorrow!!

And hey: faithful blog readers--thanks for the support, love, and reader community you've provided me over the years. You all mean a lot, and it's the best feeling in the world to know that I've got people to share my joy with. You ROCK. Yes, YOU.
Post a Comment