Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Christmas Linkspam!

Most of you are off enjoying the holidays--but I'm still working :( Today's the last day of school, though!

Before the new year begins, I thought I'd leave you with a few good posts I've been reserving for awhile now, waiting to build up a proper linkspam. I, er, had more links than I'd originally thought I had, but this is going to be my last post until after the holidays, so you'll have plenty of time to peruse and clickity click.

Merry Christmas!

On Writing: Before the Sale/Agent

On Writing: After the Sale/Agent

  •  Kim Pauley did a post on how much money writers really make, and Genreality had a more detailed post on the subject dealing with one NY Times bestselling author's paycheck. 
  • Janice Hardy is giving a lot of details about what to do after the agent, which I'm finding fascinating. Also: details on writing sequels
  • If you missed it, Laura and Lisa hosted agent appreciation day! (And speaking of, Shannon had one of the best stories of signing with her agent. Also: Bria recently signed with her agent, and I have loved her "After the Yes" posts. Also, also: an interview about being agented that's quite well done here.)
  • Kate Schaffer Testerman on what to expect of your agent. (Moonrat did it first.) Speaking of, Becky Levine's How I Got My Agent story.

On Editors and Publishers

On Other
  • Query Tracker is now offering easier to use writing networks--if you're not a member yet, this is just one more reason to join (for free).
  • All you multi-cultural writers out there: Into the Wardrobe recently launched Asia in the Heart, World on the Mind, a blog dedicated to Asian literature.

Fun Stuff!

Self Publishing and How (not) to Do It


  • Agent Rachelle Gardner gives what I think is the best reasoning on why self publishing does NOT work for fiction writers. If you're a fiction writer who's ever considered self publishing, be sure to check this out first. 
  • If you STILL don't believe me, then read this article, too, about the self-publishing statistics (statistics on cold hard cash, y'all). 
  • And then if your STILL STILL not convinced, then read this, too.
  • And, although I'm adamantly against self publishing fiction works, I'm still open to e-books, and this article was quite informative.
On Controversy
  • Censorship sucks. Carrie Ryan (The Forest of Hands and Teeth) explains why.
  • I wanted to feature this in more detail (and I still might, but lord knows when). Anyway, Steph posted a FANTASTIC article on whether or not modern YA belongs in classrooms. (For the record: my opinion is YES.)
  • It is my goal in life to get a book review like this. But hopefully never one like this.
 

Books I Want to Read:


...and finally, two Merry Christmas links! (Both courtesy of Jay Asher, author of Thirteen Reasons Why.


HAPPY   HOLIDAYS!!
Post a Comment