Thursday, April 29, 2010

Today in Class: Midterms, Part II

I'm still grading midterms. That is the curse of the teacher. There is always more to grade.

Question: Extra Credit: In the space below, list any additional knowledge you have gained from this class that isn't on the test. It can be anything--just prove to me you learned something new.

Answer: I learned that being stupid in class means I will get smacked in the head.


o.O

Well, technically, that is something he learned in class..... 


Edited to add:

[same question: list any additional info learned in class]

Answer: I learned that miss revis dont play an we need to listen. ... An plays in Greece where weird an nasty. Come on now, marrying your mother?    

[other student: same question]

 Answer: I learned that I need to study more!

[other student: same question]

Answer: I learned to wright better.  [*facepalm*] 

11 comments:

Amy Jo said...

Very nice! I wish my students would learn that too. :) Oh, and I have projects from back in March that I'm still grading. (I know, I'm slow. There's always so many other things to do!)

Tricia J. O'Brien said...

It's so nice to know you made an impression. And to beware of Greeks bearing stories. :D

Janet Johnson said...

I need to wright better, too. :D

Fabulous!

Kelly Polark said...

I would like to know if these students received their extra credit for their answers. :)

Carolyn V. said...

LOL. Now those are classic answers! Good luck on the grading. =)

Unknown said...

These posts are quite entertaining to read, seeing as how I am a high school student as well. Quite amusing to see how my fellow students are doing in other parts of the nation, but really, the grammar and spelling are rather appalling. Please tell me the multitudes of incorrect spelling I read were jokes on your part! D:


*snigger. I sound obnoxious up there but really...

Then again, I think we could all benefit from wrighting better :)

Bethany Elizabeth said...

I always loved those questions. :) Especially junior and senior year when I wasn't afraid of my teachers anymore, and felt okay to goof off on exams a LITTLE bit. Except I was a wimp, so I'd write something like...
"I learned that Matt should never, ever write another paper on Oedipus, especially when he reads it aloud trying to sound like Freud...
(Then, underneath)
I also learned how valuable lessons can be learned from the Greek tragedies, and just because a play is from a different time and place doesn't mean that it can't apply to today's society."
My English teachers loved that. :)

Theresa Milstein said...

Oh, Beth. Where to begin. Nasty incest in Greek plays, smacks to the head, learning to study AND wright. I wish I were in your class.

India Drummond said...

I love this. I could never be a teacher, but I sure do admire those of you that are!

Susan Kaye Quinn said...

Oh dear God in Heaven. LOL Aren't you going to miss this job??

Heather Zundel said...

I love your kids.