Sunday, July 15, 2012

YA Scavenger Hunt Call For Authors!

Hi guys! As some of you know, I help out with the technical side (like website design) of the YA Scavenger Hunt, which was created by the awesome Colleen Houck. It's a triannual event where YA authors from all over basically do the most epic blog hop ever--with a grand-prize of a signed book from every author on the hunt. I'll be participating later this year, but for right now, I wanted to send a shout-out to all my author-friends:

Authors, you can sign up to participate in the YA Scavenger Hunt now! Authors can find out more information here, but here's some reasons why you should sign up:

  • Increased web traffic--at the last hunt, we had around 1,500 entrants for the grand prize, and authors saw about a 6,000 pageview increase on their websites during the hunt.
  • Meet new authors--part of the hunt is about swapping information with other authors, as each author hosts someone else
  • Meet new readers--more than 600 people voted in our poll last hunt that the #1 thing they looked forward to on the hunt was not the change to get a prize, but the chance to find new books to read.
Readers, you can invite your favorite authors to join! Just send them a tweet or an email with a link to the YA Scavenger Hunt page, and invite them to join.

The Hunt is really only as good as the people participating--both authors and readers. I know I sound a bit like a car salesman right now asking y'all to check it out, but the truth of the matter is that I think people will have a lot of fun with it. :)

A few important notes:
  • Space on the hunt is limited. Not every author who signs up will be able to get in--but that doesn't mean you shouldn't sign up. We're looking for fresh blood, that's what I'm saying :) 
  • You need to sign up SOON! Like...NOW! Don't hesitate! :)

3 comments:

Alyssa Susanna said...

Yay for the Scavenger Hunt! I've never won anything, but I love doing this! So many authors. It's a great idea :)

Unknown said...

Can the scavenger part be for something other than a word scramble? I suck at those. Seriously, it's embarrassing. I went all the way through one of the colors last time and could NOT come up with anything that sounded like the answer. :(

Maybe we can collect words and use them in a flash fiction poem? That, I can do.

Simi Valley Web Design said...

Really nice post.