Authors, you can sign up to participate in the YA Scavenger Hunt now! Authors can find out more information here, but here's some reasons why you should sign up:
- Increased web traffic--at the last hunt, we had around 1,500 entrants for the grand prize, and authors saw about a 6,000 pageview increase on their websites during the hunt.
- Meet new authors--part of the hunt is about swapping information with other authors, as each author hosts someone else
- Meet new readers--more than 600 people voted in our poll last hunt that the #1 thing they looked forward to on the hunt was not the change to get a prize, but the chance to find new books to read.
Readers, you can invite your favorite authors to join! Just send them a tweet or an email with a link to the YA Scavenger Hunt page, and invite them to join.
The Hunt is really only as good as the people participating--both authors and readers. I know I sound a bit like a car salesman right now asking y'all to check it out, but the truth of the matter is that I think people will have a lot of fun with it. :)
A few important notes:
- Space on the hunt is limited. Not every author who signs up will be able to get in--but that doesn't mean you shouldn't sign up. We're looking for fresh blood, that's what I'm saying :)
- You need to sign up SOON! Like...NOW! Don't hesitate! :)