Thursday, November 1, 2012

Celebrate Books & Win a Library of Signed YA Books

I love books. Like, I really love books. And I kind of have a habit of collecting signed books. I like to support YA authors, and I love to support bookstores, so whenever possible, I buy signed books from indie bookstores.

Now, you might remember that at the beginning of the year, I made a resolution to not do any events alone. (Proof of my resolution!) Events are just so much more fun with other authors! So, starting with my very first events in January this year, all the way through the end of September of this year, I've collected signed books of every author I did an event with (plus a few extras that I nabbed at the indie bookstores I visited along the way).

And I'm giving them all away to one lucky winner.

That's write! One lucky winner is going to win an entire library of SIGNED YA BOOKS. That's right:

Every single book in the giveaway is SIGNED.

And when I say library, I mean library--there are nearly FIFTY books up for grabs here!

Wanna see the stash?

First up, you'll get a signed copy of ALL my books in the shiny new covers:


You'll also get a signed copy of all the books of the lovely ladies who were with me for my debut parties in NC, NYC, and CT:




And you're going to get a signed copy of each of the books by the lovely ladies who were with me on the Breathless Reads Tour of Awesome:


And I had the very great fortune to be a part of two wonderful retreats that also did bookstore events, so I nabbed a signed copy of each of their books, too... (Note: The Springsweet is an ARC)



And I got lucky enough to bribe coerce nicely ask people to come visit the lovely Asheville and Malaprops, where I was able to procure signed copies of their books...





And let's not forget Ascendio 2012, the amazingly wonderful Harry Potter conference where I got to meet up with some of my favorite authors and get them to sign their books...


And I was absolutely thrilled to be a part of the Smart Chicks Kick It Tour in Edmonton, Canada so I could add a ton more signed books to my carry-on luggage... (Note: Beautiful Creatures is signed by Margie but not Kami.)




This summer, I also traipsed around in Texas where I got a chance to finally meet my longtime friend Tricia and new friend Kari at BookPeople in Austen, as well as get signed copies.

 

And then I just nabbed signed books wherever I could...book festivals, indie bookstores, and anywhere else I could grab more signed books for you! (Note: Dust & Decay is signed, but not Rot & Ruin--but I figured you'd rather have the first and second book, even if only one is signed.)



 And as a last special treat, if the entries for this contest hit 10,000--which I know you guys can do--I'm adding more book to the grouping, After, the dystopian anthology I was able to be a part of--and it's signed by eight of the authors in the antho, including Gregory Maguirre and Ellen Datlow!
Bonus book!
SO! How do you win this plethora of SIGNED YA books?! A prize pack this big would completely alter the size of someone's library and collection of signed books! And I want to give people several chances to win. (And I am terribly sorry, but this giveaway is open only to American addresses. It's already going to be rather expensive to ship fifty books within America. You are, of course, welcome to enter and donate the books to an American library or school, or to coordinate with a friend in America to receive the shipment--as long as I only ship to one American address.)

There are several ways to enter: you can tweet about it, Facebook, etc., but I figured that with a bigger prize, people who do extra deserve extra entries.

The simplest way to earn extra entries is to share the graphic I designed for the contest (and also please share the link to this page, too). To make it easy for you to share this, I've included the html for the graphic here, already linked up :) You can also just save the graphic from this post, if that's easier for you. You get extra entries for putting it in the sidebar of your website, but you can also share it on any social media as well.

Share the Love of YA


But to get the big entries, you need to share the love of YA. It's simple! Make a blog post (or FB note, or whatevs) and let the world know: Why do you love YA? It's November--the month of giving thanks--so let us know why you're thankful for YA. You can write about the genre itself, or about a favorite author, or about a favorite book. It's wide open: just let the world know why you like YA! Also: you absolutely don't have to write about me. This isn't about me--it's about the love of YA. The only requirement is that you also include the above graphic and a link back to the contest.

That's it! Questions? Let me know in the comments here. The contest runs the entire month of November--so spread the word now!

Remember: to enter, you must fill in the Rafflecopter below.


a Rafflecopter giveaway


Post a Comment