Thursday, February 10, 2011
Posted by Beth Revis at 1:55 AM
My Favorite Things about the NYC Tour Stop:
- These lovely ladies-- @irisheyz77@danijohns @jenlam26 @nikkayme @ --made me COOKIES!!! There were some (c) Victoria Schwab cookies and and AND SNICKERDOODLES. *dies of bliss* That was really about the awesomest thing ever.
- Agent and editor and Penguin peeps time
- By far, the biggest thing I love about NYC is the ability to see the people who made my dreams come true. It was especially awesome because:
- I got to celebrate with margaritas AND wine
- I got to put a name to a face (hi Casey! hi Erin!)
- I got to talk about edits with my editors in person
- Basically I spent the whole time with them grinning like an idiot
- The super-super-super cute cafe in the front. Did I mention cute?
- The perfect cup of coffee: I needed it, and the wonderful Jennifer provided the BEST coffee.
- Art: beautiful bookish art surrounded us the entire time. So cool. I sat near a whole Shaun Tan corner and it was amazing.
- Such friendly people! It was so wonderful how nice everyone was.
- A magical setting--this is SUCH the kind of whimsical bookstore I'd have loved to have gotten lost in as a kid. Wish I could have wandered the aisles more!
Some WOW Moments:
- GAYLE FREAKING FOREMAN CAME TO THE EVENT!!!
- It was such a fangirl moment. SUCH A FANGIRL MOMENT. She came through the whole line, and I just stared, possibly slack-jawed and drooling, to be in her presence. Holy freak, that was Gayle Foreman!!!!
- So many bloggy friends! I can't even name you all, but it was just stunning to see you and put a name with the faces and blogs I've been reading forever. I <3 you guys. I want to name you all individually, but I'm terrified of leaving someone out and inadvertently offending you.
Buy Signed Books of All Members of the Tour from Books of Wonder Here!
Don't Forget to Enter for a Signed Poster Here!
Meanwhile...if you were at the event and took pics, I'd love copies! Please email me--I'll post them here with a link to you, if you'd like. I have a feeling my mother won't believe any of this has actually happened unless I show her pictures :D
And don't forget: if you're tweeting, use #breathlesstour
Next event: Minneapolis! Come to the Hennepin County Library from 7:00-10:00pm. Details here.