Tuesday, May 13, 2008
Posted by Beth Revis at 1:47 PM
Sometimes it needs a bit more work (in plot or character—never in voice or in the quality of the writing)...I've been contemplating this for a while, and here's my conclusion:
- A writer must write a story that focuses on a combination plot and character.
- If plot/character needs to be fixed, that can be fixed with critique groups, editing, etc.
- A high quality of writing is necessary to be published.
- Writing quality can be fixed by a good class.
- A writer's viability comes from voice.
- Voice cannot be taught.